Trade in Scam!
Enrico84
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon had the $100 trade-in in October 2014, which seemed perfect since I was eligible for an upgrade, well lets just say it was the biggest mistake ever!!! It is the BIGGEST SCAM you can imagine, it is now April 2015 and i still have not received my credit/visa gift-card. I tried everything, chatted many many times with customer service, called many times customer service,  called the trade-in department, been to the store where I placed my order (La Plata, MD. Horrible agents, do not go there!!!) but nobody seems to be "able to help" each time I have to explain everything from the beginning, what happened and what all I already tried to get this issues solved. and each time I'm being told, we will work on it and fixed it, you should receive your credit in 24-71 hours, or will be hearing back from them, nothing ever happens, and every time the next agent I'm speaking to has no idea or then tells me it got denied, yet I have to contact Verizon to find out what the status is.

So, apparently customer rep. at the La Plata branch gave me the wrong envelope, yes the WRONG envelope, there is an envelope for trad-ins and there is an envelope for phones that get recycled and get shipped to the a third party/warehouse. Well my phone got shipped to the wrong place, but yet Verizon makes it my problem and on top off it is continuously denying me my $100 credit.

Verizon is not willing to reimburse me even though it was their mistake, heck the agent at the Verizon store even laughed when he told me he gave me the wrong envelope, and the manger made it seem like it wasn't a big deal, "as this happens a lot allover not just at their store" is that suppose to be an excuse or make it ok?!

I just got off the chat with yet another unwilling agent, who told me i will not be reimbursed and that I received a text message stating explaining why, (I never received a text message!!!!They don't even have the decency to send out an email or letter....) and also told me "As I read it here. It is a finished matter, in the notes." (I started saving all the chats, otherwise they will tell you nuh oh we never said this or you did receive a credit, umm nope I received a cerdit for $15 credit for the 2 hour chat hassle, as you can see in this chat history!)

I've read many other complains about this after I started some researching, please be aware when thinking about staying with Verizon, I know I will do my best to get out of this.

I will contact Verizon one last time, if I won't receive my credit, there is always social media who loves hearing stories like this!

Labels (1)
Re: Trade in Scam!
Weth
Legend

the whole trade in process needs new leadership.    Tracking has been terrible.

Re: Trade in Scam!
mama23dogs
Legend

Agreed.  It is comforting to know it is a universal problem.   AT&T forums have the same complaints.

0 Likes