Trade in program - Use at your own risk!
kavika62
Enthusiast - Level 2

I sent in my iPhone 5 when I bought the iPhone 6. Verizon claimed my old phone it won't power on when they received it. That is odd because it was working just fine up until the moment I deactivated it when I got n=my new iPhone 6 on the 9/19. They can easily see my bill, and that I was using that phone right up to the very moment I deactivated it to activate my new IP6. I used their mailing sleeve. I followed the instructions to the letter. Now it's their word against mine, but they can still see usage on that phone up to the minute before I deactivated it. I'm not exactly asking them to take my word for it that the phone was fine. Instead of the $200 "appraised value" now they are giving me $36! I NEVER would have sent them my fully functional IP5 (64G) for $36!!! As a long term customer of Verizon who has bought at least four IPhones from them, I feel extremely taken advantage of. What recourse do I have?

(I did speak to someone who said they are "escalating" this issue. I also emailed the trade in contact. I have yet to hear anything.)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Trade in program - Use at your own risk!
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

There seems to be several complaints about this. You could have gotten more than $200 selling your iPhone 5 64gb assuming it was in great condition so $36 is definitely a rip off. Seems like some were suggesting to BBB for help if anything can be done.

0 Likes
Re: Trade in program - Use at your own risk!
kavika62
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will give Verizon the opportunity to do the right thing first, but if they don’t then I will contact the BBB and anyone else I can think of!

If I had known I could have taken it to my local Verizon Store, I would have. I would not be out the $164+! I would have walked in with a fully functional IP 5 and let them take care of activating my new IP6. I will NEVER make this mistake again. I

0 Likes