Trade-in program is giving Verizon a Customer Service a bad Reputation
OptionsTrader
Enthusiast - Level 3

The trade-in.vzw.com program is giving Verizon a huge negative customer service problem. I was concerned when I submitted my mint condition iphone 4 in the flimsy envelope they provided. And sure enough, it has been a month today and the check status website still has "not received" it according to the  link. They have it, post office did their job. And those phone calls to 877-247-3846 - wow - what a colossal waste of time for absolutely no information, that's if you do actually get a person who won't give their name and will hang up on you!  THIS IS NOT THE EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE HAD AT VERIZON FOR 12+ YEARS!

Then I come here and read they are shorting their customers in the trade-in amounts - wow again!  Really? It's a sales Promotion and they short their customers amounts like $166 of a $200 promotional trade-in value. Unbelievable!

They haven't done that to me - yet. Because after a MONTH they are saying they still have not received my iphone.  I don't buy the due to the heavy volume we don't have time to take care of business lame excuse, get some help and get it done! By reading other customer posts they have been using this excuse for some time, well before the Iphone 6 launch.  Bad planning and simply not good business on Verizon's part.

So I'll wait. Don't have much choice. And I don't have time to take the battle to the media, but some of you who have been so wrongly treated should.

Damage to Verizon customer service has been done, and continues with each passing day.  My question is 'Has anyone had a good customer service experience with the Verizon Trade-in program?'

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Trade-in program is giving Verizon a Customer Service a bad Reputation
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

OptionsTrader,

So sorry to see the trouble you have had with the Trade-In program. We want our customers to have a great customer experience with anyone we partner with. Our Device Recycling Support Team can also be reached at 877-835-2024 or by going to http://bit.ly/GGnDDC and clicking on Contact Us. Our apologies for any difficulties getting assistance.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

OptionsTrader,

So sorry to see the trouble you have had with the Trade-In program. We want our customers to have a great customer experience with anyone we partner with. Our Device Recycling Support Team can also be reached at 877-835-2024 or by going to http://bit.ly/GGnDDC and clicking on Contact Us. Our apologies for any difficulties getting assistance.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

OptionsTrader
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you Brian.  I appreciate the additional contact info, I'll give them a try.

0 Likes
OptionsTrader
Enthusiast - Level 3

Brian I did try the link you provided, it is the same one that I have been using for a month now to the Trade-in.vzw.com. I got me the same "not received" message. And the toll free number...it's also the same one I tried a couple times before...same result....after a very long hold you do get a person at that number. The VZ rep would not give there name, cut me off before I could explain the reason for my call and gave me a lecture that this line was for business customers. When I told them you gave me the number they hung up on me!

0 Likes
OptionsTrader
Enthusiast - Level 3

BrianP I did send an email to the Device Recycling Support team from the link you provided. I clicked on Contact us I chose the option to check on the status of my trade-in. They did respond with an email that my iPhone did arrive, and a second email came early this morning with the full $200.00 Electronic Gift Card.  Thank you for your good service!

0 Likes
OptionsTrader
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you BrianP. Your suggestion to contact the Trade-in support team from the Contact Us box allowed me to send an email to check the status of my iPhone. They did respond with an email saying my phone was received, and then a second email came early this morning with the full $200.00 Electronic Gift Card I was expecting.  Thank you for your good service!

0 Likes