Trade in scam!
jstuckfish
Enthusiast - Level 1

Bought the phone on a promo of broken phone, any condition phone promo upgrade to the new iPhone… Verizon never sent a trade in box and then I called and they sent the box. Sent in my oldphone same day and was told I never sent in the phone even though tracking said delivered. I spent almost 2 hours on the phone and they found my trade in phone… Then they claimed it was broken and said the promo was invalid but they would look into it! Called again and talked to another agent… they told me that they couldn’t find the promotion… spent an hour on the phone and then he said they found it and we’re going to apply it to the bill in 2-3 cycles and it was all worked out so I waited…. No credit ever showed up so I decided to do the chat and the agent said I was in the wrong and that I turned in a broken phone (yet I had pictures when phone left and it was not broken and was in good condition). So he finally told me he would send in a request to get the trade in team involved and they’d contact me. There has been no contact at all! No message, no call, no communication what so ever. So I called again and sat on hold for an hour and still never reached an agent. I’m so sick of this garbage and never had this issue with ATT! So if you’re thinking about upgrading with Verizon… might run the other way. I’m about ready to let them have the phone back and go back to ATT where I actually had good customer service and they helped. I’m so disappointed with Verizon and I’ve been a customer for almost 4 years. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Trade in scam!
Doggo
Contributor - Level 3

The first part of your post says broken phone. Middle of your post says good condition, which is it? There's a huge difference between damaged and broken.

Damage device promos are very rare. Majority require the phone to be well taken care of to get max trade-in value + being a newer model phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of saving money each month and want to ensure your trade in concerns are thoroughly reviewed and addressed, jstuckfish. Please send us a Private Note to get started.

*Cheyenne

0 Likes
Avenir

They just ran a Broken Device (including cracked screen) promotion a few weeks ago.   It was so popular they had to end it early.   

0 Likes