Transfer everything from iPhone 5 to iPhone 6
ccarnell

Need to transfer settings, pictures, contacts etc from iPhone 5 to iPhone 6. The rep at the store told me to use iTunes, but I never could get it to work. Now I have new pictures etc on the new phone too, and I don't want to lose anything. Why is it that with a couple quick steps I was able to switch every single thing from my iPhone 4 to the iPhone 5, but going from the 5 to the 6 is such an ordeal??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Transfer everything from iPhone 5 to iPhone 6
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Do you have a backup saved to your iTunes? If not then you won't be able to use iTunes to restore. Do you have an iCloud backup of your previous device? Same thing...if you don't you won't be able to restore. To make sure you don't loose your current new pics you need to do a backup before anything else but you can't combine 2 backups so if you want your new stuff to stay on your device doing a restore from your old device won't allow that to happen.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201269 In case you haven't seen and tried any of this

0 Likes
ccarnell

Okay, since they're both iphones, can I backup the old phone with the

cloud, save my new pics on my computer, and then backup the new one? I need

my settings and contacts to transfer. The pictures I can save someplace

else.

Christin

Personal Information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.

Thank you,

Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If the old iPhone is still active then yes you can back it up to the cloud. You can transfer the new photos to your computer and then activate or restore the new phone with the iCloud back up you did from the old one. Hope that makes sense

0 Likes