Transferring new iPhone to another line on account. Cause problems with $400 trade in deal?
couponemail
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am trading in a 5S for a new iPhone 7.  I am wondering if I transfer the new iPhone (once I receive it) to one of my existing lines (which is still under contract),will it void the $400 credit that I will be receiving (over 24 months)?  I'm basically hoping to add a line with the new phone, but then switch lines once it arrives. Both lines will be in the same account. Just wondering if this will cause the monthly credits from the trade in to stop.  Does anyone know?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Transferring new iPhone to another line on account. Cause problems with $400 trade in deal?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

couponemail,

There is so much excitement around the iPhone 7. In order to receiving the discount the phone must stay on the line it was upgraded or started on. If you would still like to activate it on your line of service you can however, you will not receive the trade in amount.

RobinD_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Re: Transferring new iPhone to another line on account. Cause problems with $400 trade in deal?
mcook605

This is the exact opposite of what I was told by a Verizon rep. I was told that  I could place the phone on a different line. I would love to know the correct answer to this before I activate the new phone. If this is not possible I will be returning the phone.

0 Likes
MetsNation

Verizon seems to have changed all policies lately. I have a cracked screen which they want me to fix before upgrading ( and paying for the upgrade) because the no longer accept trade ins with a cracked screen. Even tho I pay monthly for insurance! It's crazy. They also refused my father an upgrade to an iPhone bc he has an android. Wth?!? Anyone heard of this??

0 Likes
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi mcook605!

I apologize for the confusion!  We definitely want you to take advantage of any available promotions and I can gladly alleviate the conflicting information. Yes, you can transfer the iPhone 7 to another person or line on your account or sub-account and the credits will follow. You must transfer within the same account number for the credits to follow.

AyaniB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
christinej_vzw
Verizon Employee
MetsNation,

We always want you to have a properly working device & to be able to take part in a promotion. Physical damage does void out any manufacture warranties. It also stops you from being able to do any trade in offers. Your device does have to be in good working order & no physical damage to trade in.

In regards to your father's upgrade, it would depend on what the actual promotion was when he wanted to upgrade. Our promotions are constantly changing.

ChristineJ_VZW

0 Likes