Transferring sim card
Mistylou
Enthusiast - Level 1

My daughters iPhone 5c broke so we bought her another iPhone but a 4s . I know I have to switch the SIM cards but Is that all I have to do to switch her phone .? Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Transferring sim card
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Mistylou,

Sorry to learn your daughter's iPhone 5c broke. I can certainly assist you with that device swap inquiry. The 4s does take a different SIM card than the 5c but the SIM card is not needed for the 4s to work on our network unlike the 5c. You can actually swap the device ID in My Verizon/My Devices/Activate or Switch Device. Next, dial *228 call on the 4s and then choose Option 1 to program it when prompted.

Hope this helps.

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Transferring sim card
Weth
Legend

The 4S does not use SIM cards for Verizon. It is a 3G phone. The SIM card is there only for international roaming. Putting the Verizon SIM in there will not work.You must activate online with the IMEI number or call customer service to get it activated.

0 Likes