Traveler with iPhone 5s Needs to Change SIM, Verizon Chat Unresponsive
lukecs1042

I'm traveling and need to change my SIM card in my iPhone 5s, but when I did just that I was informed that my phone does not have "bandas abiertas" (literally 'open bands'). I don't know how to change my phone to allow new SIM cards abroad, and when I try to use Verizon's live chat, the webpage is unresponsive. If anyone could tell me how to get bandas abiertas, or actually get in touch with Verizon through live chat, I would be immensely grateful.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Traveler with iPhone 5s Needs to Change SIM, Verizon Chat Unresponsive
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Appreciate these details you have provided us with, as it helps pinpoint possible causes. While we cannot change or alter the bands your phone can access, have you tried going to Settings>Cellular>Roaming>and enabled either Voice and or Data, after the new sim is inserted? That can help!

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be happy to help Lukecs1042. All our 4G devices are unlocked. Here's a great link to our Global Support to see details: http://vz.to/17KseUf

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
lukecs1042

I don't want to add a global plan. I just want to find out how to make sure my phone has "bandas abiertas" so I can change SIM cards.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Appreciate these details you have provided us with, as it helps pinpoint possible causes. While we cannot change or alter the bands your phone can access, have you tried going to Settings>Cellular>Roaming>and enabled either Voice and or Data, after the new sim is inserted? That can help!

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes