Trouble purchasing Iphone 4s online with gift cards
pcgeek

Hi all!! 

I am trying to purchase a 64 gig Iphone 4s online but am not seeing a place to apply my gift cards that I got for christmas.  All it is asking for is my credit card info.  I have 170.00 worth of gift cards that I would like to apply to the balance before paying.  I'm just not seeing where to enter gift cards.  Any help is appreciated, thank you so much

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Trouble purchasing Iphone 4s online with gift cards
missmiasmom
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had this problem as well when trying to purchase one in store.  The bottom line is - Verizon does not yet stock the 4s, so you are purchasing directly from Apple, who only accepts credit card payments.  Unfortunately, until Verizon begins to stock them, there is no alternative.  Kinda sucks, but there it is!

FYI - I worked for a company who is affiliated with Apple, and their policy is very strict. There is no way around it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
missmiasmom
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had this problem as well when trying to purchase one in store.  The bottom line is - Verizon does not yet stock the 4s, so you are purchasing directly from Apple, who only accepts credit card payments.  Unfortunately, until Verizon begins to stock them, there is no alternative.  Kinda sucks, but there it is!

FYI - I worked for a company who is affiliated with Apple, and their policy is very strict. There is no way around it.

0 Likes
pcgeek

Thanks for the response.  Decided to just use my credit card for the purchase and my bank blocked it because I dont usually make purchases that big with my credit card.  I called Verizon and they said they would just bill it to my phone acct so I wouldnt lose my place in line for the order and that worked.  She said that way I could use my gift cards to pay towards it, so I was happy.  I dont think I have ever called Customer service in the years that I have been with Verizon and am really happy with the way I was treated. Now I cant wait to get my Iphone.

0 Likes
missmiasmom
Enthusiast - Level 1

No problem. I'm glad they were able to resolve it for you. I wish we had been given that option, but it all worked out. I think you will enjoy your new iPhone - I love mine!!

0 Likes
kgustaf
Enthusiast - Level 1

Golly, all of my wasted effort could have been avoided. Who did you talk to at Verizon? I started with Verizon's online chat while trying to order the iPhone 4s, and then I was referred to customer service, and then VZW's twitter support account thought they'd give it a shot; and none of those 3 sources suggested that I could bill it to my phone account and then apply my gift cards to pay the phone account. The person who helped you was sure clever! Who did you talk to?

Meanwhile, because no one I had contacted could suggest a work around, I resorted to making complaints with both the Better Business Bureau and the FCC. I should be hearing back, soon. LOL.

I've been waiting for over 2 months for the iPhone to be "in stock". I've been carrying around $1100 in gift cards that were sold to me for the purpose of ordering an iPhone 4s 64GB online. I sure wish the sales rep in the Verizon Corporate Retail Store had known that gift cards would tie me up FOREVER.

You know, I was told by Customer Service that I won't even be able to purchase an iPhone 4s with my gift cards (or even with CASH, for that matter) at a Verizon Corporate Retail store if/when they come in, because the store orders through the same portal that we use to order online.

I don't generally sit back and take it when someone has tied up the use of $1100 of my money, so this is a new experience for me.

0 Likes
pcgeek

That stinks.  I dont know who the lady was that I talked to.  It was just the first rep that answered the phone.  She just said that she didnt want me to kicked out of my place in line for the pre order and said that she would try to bill it to my account and it worked.  Got the phone today by the way.  She said when my bill cycles in a few days it will be on my cell phone bill and then I would be able to use the gift cards to pay the bill. 

I was really happy with the customer service I received, I didnt ask her to bill it to my acct, I had never thought of that, she just said she would try it and see what happened.

I hope you get your situation worked out.  I guess I just got lucky and got an awesome rep.  Wish I could remember her name.

0 Likes