Trouble with audio during calls
jda03

I am hoping someone can offer a solution to the following problem: I have an iPhone 4 that that works normally except when making calls either outgoing or incoming and the problem is sporadic, meaning sometimes the problem doesn't exist. Sometimes when connected on a call, I cannot clearly hear the other person, it's like staticky and garbled, they can hear me fine though. Any suggestions? I am eligible for an upgrade but don't want to upgrade for fear that I may lose my unlimited data.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Trouble with audio during calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi jda03,

Thanks for the update and trying everything. I understand wanting to get this fixed. Do you have insurance and/or any extended warranty on the phone? Do you know anyone else in the same area with Verizon who experiences these problems? It sounds like something to do with the phone. You may want to try fully restting it in iTunes too. Check out http://bit.ly/19Kx84R

Thanks,
ElizabethE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

In rare instances this happens when I am on Bluetooth. Which may not be the same as just picking the phone up to your ear. When this happens it could be a cell tower issue. Nothing to worry about but an annoyance.

You can upgrade by paying full price or the Verizon Device Payment Plan and keep unlimited. But not if you use Edge.

Go into a Verizon Corporate Store and not a reseller to do this upgrade. If you go for a subsidized phone you pay less and an upgrade fee of $30 and lose unlimited.

So choose wisely.

Good Luck

0 Likes
jda03

I am frustrated because I did not have this issue previously, I have had this phone for more than 2 Years and this just started happening.

0 Likes
Not applicable

It is quite possible via the new Apple OS7 some settings went kaboom. Like I said it happens now when I am using Bluetooth but only occasionally. If you hold down the power button at the same time as the Apps button (huge button on bottom) until the iPhone turns itself off and then the little apple on the screen (this is a reset) see if that helps the issue and if it does you are all set.

Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your situation can definitely be frustrating, jda03. Let's see what we can do to get your phone to work properly again.
Are you noticing this in certain areas?
Are you using a Bluetooth or headset?
When was the last time you dialed *228 option 2?
Does it sound the same when speakerphone is activated?
How about when the volume is adjusted?

We will start there.

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
jda03

Thank you for your responding, this has been frustrating to say the least, I just can’t understand why sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t, this has been the case both in the area where I live and in Louisiana when I unsuspended the line upon my return from deployment overseas within the last month. Please see the answers to your questions below:

Are you noticing this in certain areas? It seems to be regardless of the area I am in.

Are you using a Bluetooth or headset? No

When was the last time you dialed *228 option 2? Just tried it and it doesn’t seem to have helped.

Does it sound the same when speakerphone is activated? Yes

How about when the volume is adjusted? Adjusting the volume does not seem to have an effect.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi jda03,

Thanks for the update and trying everything. I understand wanting to get this fixed. Do you have insurance and/or any extended warranty on the phone? Do you know anyone else in the same area with Verizon who experiences these problems? It sounds like something to do with the phone. You may want to try fully restting it in iTunes too. Check out http://bit.ly/19Kx84R

Thanks,
ElizabethE_VZW

0 Likes