Unable to Authenticate Message iPhone 11
bigfinn5
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently purchased a new iPhone 13 to replace my iPhone 11.

This is a company paid phone so the instructions to transfer the service to the 13 state to call a number (from the old 11) and to follow the prompts. I dialed the number and began the process but unfortunately the call dropped.

I redialed and received the "we are unable to authenticate the phone" message. Announcement 11, Switch 144-1.

The message also stated to try again and if I still had a problem to dial #8899. I tried again and the same message played. I dialed #8899 and received the same message again.

I tried calling support but received an automated message stating that they are available Monday-Friday. So, I figured I'd try here for some possible insight as to whether this is something I can resolve myself or if I'll just need to wait till Monday.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unable to Authenticate Message iPhone 11
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's work together here and make sure you are able to stay connected. Getting a new device is very exciting and the last thing we want if you to wait that long. We understand that this line is under a business account, however we can guide you here with some basic steps. Please power off both devices, the old and the new. Next, just turn on the new device and once it is on make sure the Wi-Fi is turned off. Then, wait a few minutes and dial #832. Let us know what you hear. We will stand by. ~Gina

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's work together here and make sure you are able to stay connected. Getting a new device is very exciting and the last thing we want if you to wait that long. We understand that this line is under a business account, however we can guide you here with some basic steps. Please power off both devices, the old and the new. Next, just turn on the new device and once it is on make sure the Wi-Fi is turned off. Then, wait a few minutes and dial #832. Let us know what you hear. We will stand by. ~Gina

bigfinn5
Enthusiast - Level 1

Gina, thank you so much for the prompt response. I followed your directions and the service has been transferred to the new phone which is now up and running.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Fantastic! We are happy to see that your new phone is now up and running, bigfinn5. You have a fantastic device, please visit this link (https://www.verizon.com/support/apple-iphone-13/) for support to take full advantage of all the features included with your new phone. Have a fabulous day!  -Antonio

0 Likes