Unable to activate iPhone 12
Cmcd153
Enthusiast - Level 2

Purchased a new iPhone 12 at a Verizon store today but been unable to activate it. The Verizon employee said there is a network wide issue impacting activation of all 5G phones but I can’t find any mention of it anywhere. Can someone confirm? If it’s true is there an ETA on resolution? Has anyone been unable to activate a 5G phone for Verizon lately?

Labels (1)
Re: Unable to activate iPhone 12
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cmcd153, we know you're excited to get the new iPhone 12 up and running. We will be sending you a private message to further assist. StevenM_VZW

0 Likes
ajh20831916

I am also having the same problem. Verizon Technical Support has been unable to help me thus far. 

0 Likes
coasterwiggs

I upgraded to the LG V60 at the store yesterday.  Rep spent over 3 hours on the phone with Tech Support and was unable to activate the new phone due to a widespread technical issue.  My old phone was deactivated and they told me they could not reactivate it because the new phone was already in queue.  So I have 2 dead phones now.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us today. I know firsthand how important it is to have access to all your services and new device and we want to help in any way we can. Can you tell us more about what happens when you try to use your new phone? 

0 Likes
Cmcd153
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I turn my phone on it says that it could take awhile to activate and then doesn't activate and the message changes to "Contact your carrier if this issue continues." It's now been 24 hours that I can't activate my new phone and I'm in the same spot place as the other commenter where I now have 2 phone(old phone and new phones) that aren't activated and are basically just iPod Touches. When I was in the Verizon store yesterday there were 2 other customers there having the same issue as well. This appears to be a pretty widespread issue so I'm hopeful Verizon is treating it as a P1.

moviebuff9
Enthusiast - Level 2

I’m having the exact same problem. Have you had any luck getting ur new phone activated and if yes, how???

I’m very frustrated!! I’m sure u can fully understand! 😉

Thanks!

Kimberly

Cmcd153
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately this hasn’t been resolved for me. Verizon seems to have gone silent as well. I tried to start a chat and it put me through a chat bot and then never gave me the option to speak with a real person. They also sent me a private message last night with two suggestions, which I tried, and neither worked. I’m very surprised at how little they seem to care about getting this fixed. I’m seeing lots of chatter about this on other forums as well. Seems to be a widespread issue. I’m surprised they aren’t proactively communicating about what they are doing to fix the issue.

b2alpha

Same here. iPhone 12 Pro would not activate in store(10-28-20). It was a Verizon network issue that should be resolved that afternoon, we were told.  It’s now 6:00 PM EDT, 10-29-20, and still will not activate. Spent more than two hours on phone(typing and dictating)with tech support to no avail. As with others my wife has two useless phones. Please Verizon HEIP. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We really appreciate your patience, I know you are excited to start using your new iPhone. I am more than happy to review your account and see what's going on. I will send you a Private Note, thank you.

0 Likes