Unable to receive text from specific person
MSDIZ

A family member is unable to text just me. We can view each others texts when we send/receive group messages, he can receive a text from me but he cannot send a text to just me. We can call each other. We are both Verizon. I have iPhone 7, he has a Google. Please help

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to receive text from specific person
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MSDIZ, I rely on text heavily, so I know how important that service is. When did this problem start? Have you checked for any blocks? Are you able to receive texts from other Android phones?

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes
MSDIZ

The problem began mid-May 2019

Neither of us has blocked the other. We are able to call each other. We can send and receive group texts that include each other. He can receive my texts but texts sent to me individually will not go thru.

I have not been notified from anyone else that texts are not going thru so assume that texts from other androids are coming thru.

Thanks for your interest and response.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You're more than welcome, MSDIZ. We want to ensure you are are receiving all of your text messages accordingly. Do you happen to know if the user is having this same issue with other group messages? Also, is your phone connected to a Wi-Fi network when this happens? Is this something that just recently started?   TanishaS_VZW

0 Likes
MSDIZ

0 Likes
MSDIZ

This is not an issue about group texts. I am unable to receive individual texts from a specific person. We are able to interact with each other via group texts and call each other with no problems. He is unable to send me an individual text, though he can receive them from me. Neither of us seem to have this problem with other people. The last individual text that he was able to sucessfully send me was mid-May 2019. Since the problem started in mid-2019, I would assume not all attempts have been on wi-fi but have no way of knowing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@MSDIZ

I see. Thanks for confirming exactly what you're experiencing with your texts. Let's take a closer look at this texting issue together.

First, can you confirm which messaging application you are using on your Apple iPhone 7 device; Verizon Messages/Message+ (red/white app), the basic Apple Messages app (green/white) or are you using a downloaded 3rd party text messaging app you downloaded from the App Store? Also, ensure the 'Send as SMS' switch is turned 'On' in your settings by navigating to 'Settings' > 'Messages' > and tap the 'Send as SMS' switch to turn 'On'. Please keep me posted on your results.

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
MSDIZ

Thanks Anthony

I am using the Apple messages app. I have confirmed that Send as SMS is on

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for checking on that. We would like to continue with troubleshooting this issue. Let's try resetting the network settings of the device. Please use the instructions on the following link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-207110/

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes
MSDIZ

Thanks Pedro,

Both of us did a reset, as you suggested. The problem persists. He is able to receive an individual text from me, he is not able to send a text to only me, but is able to send a group text that includes me. Any more ideas?

0 Likes