Unable to receive text messages from Android
rei_x

I am unable to receive text messages from an Android user who has never been registered with iMessage.

This has happened twice. Both times we were messaging just fine, when I abruptly stopped receiving text messages from her. She has no issues with receiving my messages or sending her messages. Upon testing the next day, the problem would appear to have resolved itself, but the "lost" messages are never received at my end.

I usually use message with iMessage and data, so I do not know if this problem occurs only with her.

Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to receive text messages from Android
rei_x

I have just checked and when the problem occurs I am unable to receive text messages from other people as well, including iPhone users.

Any ideas will be appreciated!

0 Likes
Re: Unable to receive text messages from Android
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That definitely sounds concerning, rei.x. We're here to help make sure that you are able to receive all your texts, from all users! Let's start off by reviewing a few things with your phone settings. Just to make sure, please go to Settings>Messages>Please make sure that the settings for Send as SMS are selected.

What zip code are you located in where these issues are experienced? Also temporarily, please attempt sending and receiving messages to this person when they let you know that they have messaged you, by turning off the iMessage feature. This way we can see try and isolate this as much as possible.

Thank you!

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes