Unable to text pics/gifs to anyone not using iMessage.
tskizzyskiz

Recently I switched to Verizon prepaid from At&T. Since that day I have been unable to send pictures of gifs to my friends and family members who do not use iPhone (iMessage).

When I try to send a pic/gif to a user that has green messages, the progress bar moves very slow and eventually I get an error message that says the message is "not delivered".

This doesn't happen with iMessage users. Those go through every time.

Very frustrated! I have tried hard resetting the phone, resetting the network settings and updating the phone... still no luck.

Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to text pics/gifs to anyone not using iMessage.
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@tskizzyskiz wrote:

Recently I switched to Verizon prepaid from At&T. Since that day I have been unable to send pictures of gifs to my friends and family members who do not use iPhone (iMessage).

When I try to send a pic/gif to a user that has green messages, the progress bar moves very slow and eventually I get an error message that says the message is "not delivered".

This doesn't happen with iMessage users. Those go through every time.

Very frustrated! I have tried hard resetting the phone, resetting the network settings and updating the phone... still no luck.

Please help!

Assume you're using the iMessage app on your phone?  Is there an option in the app to provide feedback?  Maybe the app developers would have better success in troubleshooting the MMS issue with Verizon network folks.  Were you able to open a ticket with Technical Support?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know that can be frustrating when trying to send out messages to friends and family. Just to confirm, do you have 'Send as SMS' enabled in your settings? This can be found by going to Settings > Messages > Send as SMS > this should be toggled to green to indicate it is enabled.

HannahS_VZW

0 Likes
stripp13
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not the original poster, but am also seeing the same issue. Only difference is that I did not leave another carrier for Verizon recently and the issue is intermittent.  Below is all the troubleshooting I've done and additional info, but still find no fix:

- Send as SMS is ticked on in Apple iMessages App

- Ensured 2+ bars and on LTE data coverage or on WiFi when issue happens

- Happens at work and at home approx 30mi apart (41048 and 45246 zipcodes)

- Happens with multiple Android users and not just one person

- Happens in both single and group conversations

- Tried closing app and reopening

- Tried rebooting phone

- Tried resetting network settings and then rebooting

- Tried reseating SIM Card

- Tried signing out and then back into Apple ID account

Issues started around beginning of July.  Only work around I have found is downloading Messages+ and using that when texting Android users.

stripp13
Enthusiast - Level 1

Forgot to mention this happens with both MMS and SMS messages.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

stripp13, we appreciate all the troubleshooting that you have done. The last thing we want is for you not be able to send picture messages & gifs to everyone. Let's figure this out. What model iPhone do you have? Around the time this issue began, did your phone go through a software update? AliciaD_VZW

0 Likes
jmculbrea
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have had the same problem for a while. I have an iPhoneX. I can do so anyplace but my house - which is in a populated area of Sarasota, FL. I have sms marked. I only have one bar at my house, use my WiFi too. But I continually have issues sending photos and gifs. Super frustrating.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@jmculbrea ,

Thank you for so many helpful details. It's great to know that you do not have this issue in most places, as that would mean that your phone is already set up correctly to send or receive pictures/gifs via text, also known as MMS. With this only happening at home, are you connected to Wi-Fi at the time? I ask because while iMessage can work over Wi-Fi, Android phones do not have access to iMessage, so anything sent via Wi-Fi will not reach them. -Russell

0 Likes