Upgrade Plan from iPhone 4 to iPhone 5s
Bernard_A
Enthusiast - Level 2

As all of you know, Apple is releasing the new lines of phone these upcoming weeks and like most anticipated fans I want my hands on one the day it's released. Now I've had my iPhone 4 for little over a year now, actually my contract ends May 2014 which is about in 8 months from now. I usually pay $30 dollars a month with the 2GB data limit. Now as the question comes, when the iPhone 5s is released and I want to upgrade my phone, what will be the upgrade fee and will there be a activation fee? I plan on getting the 16GB iPhone 5s that is set with a new 2 year contract for $199. As far as the cost, what more do I have to pay for? The main reason I started this discussion is to get a sense of about how much I will be paying for the new phone.

Are you planning to get the iPhone 5s or iPhone 5c?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgrade Plan from iPhone 4 to iPhone 5s
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can't get the iPhone 5s on the contract price until your current contract is completed. Full price or the Device Payment Plan are your options right now.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Bernard_A
Enthusiast - Level 2

I thought you were able to just pay the upgrade fee thus purchasing it as a new 2 year contract? Also, what is the Device Payment Plan? Thank you for the fast reply.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can't just extend your contract out another two years. You have to finish it first before you are eligible for the subsidized two year contract pricing.

Device Payment Plan http://yourguide.vzw.com/devices/device-payment-plan/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes