Upgrade available tomorrow for Iphone 5 pre order, VZW said i have to wait
NYRFAN

Hey guys,

Just wanted to see if anyone has seen something like this before. I called Verizon this morning as I am up for my upgrade tomorrow 9/15/12. They said, even though the phone comes out after that date, I cannot pre order until tomorrow 9/15. Now, I then went to the apple website, entered all of my Verizon information, and they recognized the upgrade and discounted price, so i ended up going through them! Does anyone have any idea why apple was able to realize that my upgrade would kick in before the phone was actually release, and VZW couldnt seem to get their heads around that?? Just curious

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgrade available tomorrow for Iphone 5 pre order, VZW said i have to wait
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

you were not eligable to order, apple website should not have let you either

sont be supreised if you get billed full price

0 Likes
SSPhilly
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'd be curious about that full price thing as well. Have you been charged yet? Shipment notification come yet? Do keep us posted!

0 Likes
NYRFAN

Its processing on both sites and is at the discounted price. I am not eligible for an upgrade anymore on VZW because it used it towards the new phone so all is well. Apple was smart enough to let me pre order knowing the upgrade was there before the phone was actually out. Verizon wasn't.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

its not apples decision, its verizons

0 Likes
NYRFAN

I called Verizon on friday to ask them and they said if apple is offering the discounted price and honoring the upgrade that was available on Saturday to order through their site...They couldn't explain why but on saturday morning, the upgrade was gone from the VZW site, and the order was there at the discounted price

0 Likes