Upgrade not available
CHRMIL61

My upgrade is not available until November 2016. The home button does not work, I cannot lock my phone because it takes anywhere from 30 minutes - 3 hours for my phone to come back to life. My phone battery dies so fast, and my screen glitches out all the time. My phone is not reliable, and I need a reliable phone because not only am I pregnant, but I also work in Behavioral Health and we are required to have our phones on us to call for help when necessary (which is often). I need to know all my options, PLEASE! I'm paying a phone bill for a phone that only works about 25% of what it is suppose to. - Christie

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgrade not available
Weth
Legend

First try a complete factory reset and restore if your current device and see if that fixes problems. 

You you can also consider buying a used device from a reliable seller such as glyde, swappa, or gazelle. 

A New iPhone SE starts at $399, which is the cheapest iPhone entry for a new device.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

And next time take the insurance.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Insurance through Asurion from Verizon is rarely a smart choice.

For example. If you get the Total equipment coverage from Verizon and after 1 year you break your phone, or on the 13th month it fails due to no problem you did. With Asurion you would pay $9 per month for 13 months, and then $199 for the privilege of getting a used phone with a used batter. That is $316

If you broke your screen and didn't have insurance, take it to Apple, they will fix it  for $109 to $149 - LESS than the copay from Asurion with no monthly fees required. If the iPhone breaks after the warranty, you pay $299 to $329.

pherson
Champion - Level 1

incorrect again.

with the total equipment coverage if the phone dies due to no fault of your own, you get a replacement at NO COST. You do not pay a deductible.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

ANd what if the phone is lost or stolen what are your argument points then?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

pherson wrote:

incorrect again.

with the total equipment coverage if the phone dies due to no fault of your own, you get a replacement at NO COST. You do not pay a deductible.

That may be, but the problems which are "no fault of your own" will likely be different than what most consumers think they should be. These would be limited to manufacturer defects after the warranty is expired. They do not cover other things which some would think they should, such as a moisture indication without actually being submersed in water or a stolen device. Many would consider those 2 instances as "no fault of your own" but would not fall into that category.

Phone insurance is a personal decision, one with which Weth & I agree and rarely consider it a good idea.

pherson wrote:

ANd what if the phone is lost or stolen what are your argument points then?

Personally, I would use SOME of the several thousand dollars I have saved in phone insurance premiums in the past 10+ years and purchase a new phone OR reactivate on of the several working phones I have since replaced and no longer use even though they are in good working condition.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

TThe last time I used insurance I was in a financial bind and didn't have the full upfront cost of a phone. Granted I was drunk but still. Lol

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

If I were in a financial bind, it would be MORE reason for me to NOT get insurance thereby saving $10/month on my bill and take more care with my phone.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Whether to insure a sub $1000 item is up to the user.  The insurance company On average will make a profit, and generally it is a good profit. So you make a decision if losing an $800 device will adversely impact your budget. If not and you are willing to take the risk that you may need to pay $800 for a device.In return for not paying a monthly fee and then a high copay that is up to you. It makes no sense to me and many others. My history shows I break a phone about once every 4 to 5 years, and I have never lost a phone. I am better to take the risk and save the monthly costs and pay if I need to .

Now when you are talking a 5 digit car, or 6 digit house, then the argument for insurance becomes easier.

0 Likes