Upgraded iPhone6 to ios10. cannot connect to home wifi
missylhale

Upgraded iPhone6 to ios10. cannot connect to home wifi. all other phones in house are connecting fine. have even wiped the phone to factory settings and set up as a new phone. same with router. have upgraded other phones in house to ios10, no issues. how do I fix it? it is now running my data up since it cannot connect to home wifi unless sitting next to router. can see other networks sometimes but not near as many as other phones in the house

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgraded iPhone6 to ios10. cannot connect to home wifi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely don't want your data to run out. Let's get this fixed right away. When you attempt to connect to wifi, do you get an error message? If so, please tell us what does the error state. You also mentioned it will only find the wifi when stiiting next to the router, does it fully connect when sitting next to the wifi?

KatrinaN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
missylhale

no error, it just does not see the network unless right next to the router. and yes it connects when it can see the network

0 Likes
stever_vzw
Verizon Employee

Thank you for all of the details, missylhale. Let's keep taking steps to ensure your phone works just as well as the others in your home.

Please run a diagnostic on the device at your earliest convenience View Device Health Check - MVD - Apple iPhone | Verizon Wireless  Has the phone done exactly the same with other routers? When you attempt to connect the router to the phone, are several other devices connected? Have you attempted to connect only your phone without other devices?

SteveR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
missylhale

When I get to the manage tab Run Health Check is not an option. First one is Edit Device Nickname

0 Likes
marcuss_vzw
Verizon Employee

MISSYLHALE, thanks for checking for us. I apologize for the steps not aligning for you. The health check we suggested is important because it points out potential issues with your phone. Lets make sure we are providing you with the correct steps. Are you on the New Verizon Plan or a older one?

MarcusS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes