Upgrading Fees
DRo64

Just upgraded from my iPhone 7 to an XS Max with an authorized dealer.  I was not told of the fee ($30?) to upgrade, and the fact that I specifically said NO to any service plan, but it was put on my account anyway. ($13 per month). I didn’t realize this until my first bill came in, so I have now cancelled the unwanted service plan, but I’m sure Verizon will not offer a refund for things I did not agree to be charged for.  I grow tired of being fee’d to death by Verizon.  And what is with the “rule” that I can pay for my phone in full, except for $12, that is charged on my bill at a rate of $0.50 a month for two years.  What dang sense does that make?!  Maybe Verizon should no longer be my carrier.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgrading Fees
deloused
Master - Level 3

A lot of stores use that policy to finance phones at the point of sale because  Verizon doesn’t pay the authorized retailers commission when they sell a device outright and they don’t want to work for free

0 Likes
Re: Upgrading Fees
mama23dogs
Legend

@DRo64 wrote:

Just upgraded from my iPhone 7 to an XS Max with an authorized dealer.  I was not told of the fee ($30?) to upgrade, and the fact that I specifically said NO to any service plan, but it was put on my account anyway. ($13 per month). I didn’t realize this until my first bill came in, so I have now cancelled the unwanted service plan, but I’m sure Verizon will not offer a refund for things I did not agree to be charged for.  I grow tired of being fee’d to death by Verizon.  And what is with the “rule” that I can pay for my phone in full, except for $12, that is charged on my bill at a rate of $0.50 a month for two years.  What dang sense does that make?!  Maybe Verizon should no longer be my carrier.

Upgrade fees are SOP with all carriers.  Don’t like it, pay outright to Apple (I just say I’m prepaid).   Best Buy or similar will also sell to you if you say you’re prepaid.

As written, authorized retailers don’t get credit for full price sales.  They are also NOT owned by Verizon, but independently owned and operated.       

Service plan?   You mean insurance.  Insurance can be canceled retroactively.  Upgrade fees are not waived. Neither are activation for new lines.  

0 Likes