Upgrading by trading in a phone
kaitlyno7

I currently have a 5s with about 7 payments left before I own the phone. I wanted to upgrade due to battery issues but I cant due to a small crack in my screen. I have an old 4s at home Ive been keeping as a back up phone. Can i trade in my 4s and upgrade that way?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Upgrading by trading in a phone
Weth
Legend

No, it must be the phone that is on the payment plan (Edge). If you tried to send in the 4s, you would lose the 4s (they won't send it back) and you would immediately be charge in full the last 7 payments on the phone.

Options

1) You can pay off the last 7 payments and then you can start a new device payment plan

2) Apple will replace your battery for $79

3) You can get a local store to replace your battery for about $50

4) If you have the skill, you can replace the battery yourself for about $15

5) You can buy a new phone at full cost (but will still require to keep payments on the 5S for 7 months)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Upgrading by trading in a phone
Weth
Legend

No, it must be the phone that is on the payment plan (Edge). If you tried to send in the 4s, you would lose the 4s (they won't send it back) and you would immediately be charge in full the last 7 payments on the phone.

Options

1) You can pay off the last 7 payments and then you can start a new device payment plan

2) Apple will replace your battery for $79

3) You can get a local store to replace your battery for about $50

4) If you have the skill, you can replace the battery yourself for about $15

5) You can buy a new phone at full cost (but will still require to keep payments on the 5S for 7 months)

0 Likes