Using an iPhone 5 in France.
yannster

To whom it may concern,

I am traveling to France in a couple of weeks and would like to buy a temporary Micro-SIM card while there for voice/txt purposes.

1. How can I confirm that my iPhone 5 is unlocked?  There is a long list of web site that cite that all iPhone 5s ship unlocked.  Is that still the case (I got mine about 3 weeks ago).  I also called Global Services and they "confirmed" it was, but I felt the whole conversation was a bit off and didn't quite trust the answer I was getting.  The Verizon representative on the phone didn't seem quite knowledgeable about what I was asking.  I just don't want to get there and then be told that my phone is locked.

2. Does anyone have any experiences or recommendation with any specific carriers for Micro-SIMs (Orange vs. SFR vs. Bouygues vs. Leclerc, etc...)?  I will be there for three weeks, but I do travel to France frequently (2-3 times per year).  I have never tried to get a different SIM, mainly because none of my previous phones were unlocked.

Thank you!  Best,

/yann

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Using an iPhone 5 in France.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I believe the iPhone 5 is unlocked for global use.  However you should note that the iPhone 5 uses a nano-SIM card not a micro-SIM card.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes