Using the e-sim card on a Iphone SE on the Verizon Pre-Paid Account
Aloha-808

As I travel internationally, I inquired about the Iphone SE with the dual sim cards. I wanted to be able to assign my Verizon prepaid number to the e-sim card and that would allow for me to keep the nano sim slot open, so I could stick in a prepaid nano sim card when I travel.

I was told by a Verizon Customer Service Agent over the phone, that I could purchase the Verizon I-Phone SE and that they would ship the phone with a nano sim card as that was standard delivery. Then once i received the phone to call back to customer service for them to reassign the number from the nano sim card to the e-sim card. I did as instructed, once received, I called customer service to reassign the number to the e-sim card and they could not do it and then transferred me to the technical services department and I waited for many hours and now it has been a week with no response back.

Was I sold the Iphone SE under false pretenses? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Using the e-sim card on a Iphone SE on the Verizon Pre-Paid Account
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, and thank you for sharing your question. We understand that you are requesting to activate e-SIM onto your Prepaid account. Currently, e-SIM is not supported by Verizon Prepaid. Does this information help clarify?

AngelG_VZW

0 Likes
Aloha-808

At the time of purchase I fully disclosed my need to have my verizon pre-paid account on the e-sim card and was advised that it was possible by the Customer Service Representative over the phone. The Representative advised that I would have to purchase the Verizon I-Phone SE and that they would ship the phone with a nano sim card as that was standard delivery. Then once i received the phone to call back to customer service for them to reassign the number from the nano sim card to the e-sim card. I did as instructed, once received, I called customer service to reassign the number to the e-sim card and they could not do it and then transferred me to the technical services department and I waited for many hours and now it has been over two weeks with no response back from the technical services department. 

So with your confirmation e-mail that Verizon does not provide e-sim services on  prepaid accounts, I was sold the IPhone SE under false expectations advised by your Customer Service Representative. With that being said could you please advise how this company plans on rectifying the situation, as without having the use of the dual sim options I have no use for this phone when traveling internationally.

Please note that I have spent way to much time on trying to resolve this matter and if this is not resolved properly, I will be making a formal complaint with the Public Utilities Commission and/or the Department of Consumer Affairs.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

How long have you had that device?

0 Likes