Verizon CANCELLED my order for no reason?!?! [WTF]
PatrickBland
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has this happened to anyone else?!?! I pre-ordered my phone online on 9/14 at 3:26AM. I was even on vacation in the DR and woke up in the middle of the night to do this!!! Now this morning at 4:20 I got an e-mail saying that my order had been canceled... the e-mail stated below... this really, really, really makes me a disgruntled customer... I'm up for an upgrade and waited for the 5 to come out... definitely grounds for just terminating my contract with VZW

Your Order Has Been Cancelled

Dear PATRICK BLAND,

This email is to confirm that your order has been cancelled; you have not been billed for this merchandise.

If you have not requested your order to be cancelled, please call us at 1-888-483-7200, Option 5.

Please do not reply to this email. It is important that you call the 800# above if you have any questions about your order.

Thank you,

Verizon Wireless
Order Processing Team
1-888-483-7200, Option 5

Labels (1)
Re: Verizon CANCELLED my order for no reason?!?! [WTF]
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you called the phone number to find out why?

Did you bill the phone to your account or charge it to your credit card. You mentioned being on vacation somewhere when you ordered. Perhaps the foreign IP address caused red flags in the order system.

Find out why before doing something drastic.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

PatrickBland wrote:

Has this happened to anyone else?!?! I pre-ordered my phone online on 9/14 at 3:26AM. I was even on vacation in the DR and woke up in the middle of the night to do this!!! Now this morning at 4:20 I got an e-mail saying that my order had been canceled... the e-mail stated below... this really, really, really makes me a disgruntled customer... I'm up for an upgrade and waited for the 5 to come out... definitely grounds for just terminating my contract with VZW

Your Order Has Been Cancelled

Dear PATRICK BLAND,

This email is to confirm that your order has been cancelled; you have not been billed for this merchandise.

If you have not requested your order to be cancelled, please call us at 1-888-483-7200, Option 5.

Please do not reply to this email. It is important that you call the 800# above if you have any questions about your order.

Thank you,

Verizon Wireless
Order Processing Team
1-888-483-7200, Option 5

It looks like Verizon got a request to cancel your order and they have sent a courtesy email to confirm that it was you that sent the request.  Like they said, "If you have not requested your order to be cancelled, please call us at...."

So call them and tell them it wasn't you that requested the order being canceled and they will most like reinstate your order.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

PatrickBland wrote:

... definitely grounds for just terminating my contract with VZW

LOL

0 Likes
StangKillah
Enthusiast - Level 2

When you sent the request was it an upgrade. I know when I ordered mine I had to respond to a txt confirmation stating that I approved the order. If you didn't respond to the message in a timely fashion then that is why they probably cancelled your order. Other than that I'm no too sure why they would just cancel and order. Hope this is helpful in some kind of way!

0 Likes
carpediemgal
Contributor - Level 1

agree....maybe even call your credit card company. Ask them who requested the cancellation of the charge. Did you call them first before going out of the country? 

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

carpediemgal wrote:

agree....maybe even call your credit card company. Ask them who requested the cancellation of the charge. Did you call them first before going out of the country? 

However, since credit cards are not charged until actual shipment, there may not have been a charge to cancel.

0 Likes
PatrickBland
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just got off the phone with verizon... apparently it was cancelled because

it was placed from a foreign IP address.... even though I called prior to

the trip to tell them I was going to be in the dominican republic... ****.

Looks like I have to pre-order again...

0 Likes
cornflakes
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received the same email this morning.  I preordered or 9/14 right after midnight.  I won't be able to call them and find out what's going on for another couple of hours.  Patrick Bland, did you get an answer on why yours was cancelled?

0 Likes
PatrickBland
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called and spoke to someone this morning. Apparently I never got the text confirming the order... the CSR this morning checked the order and it was canceled because it came from a foreign IP address... would have been nice to know that before now Smiley Happy So... I just pre-ordered again... and will have to wait a few weeks until I get the phone... bah.

0 Likes