Verizon LTE Coverage Indoors in Dallas/Ft-Worth
kylemorr90

New Verizon customer here as we recently switched from AT&T. I've noticed that Verizon's coverage out in the boonies is faster than what I had experienced with AT&T. However, our indoor LTE coverage in the Dallas/Ft-Worth area is pretty bad. Where we used to get 3-4 bars with AT&T (home, work, restaurants, retail stores, etc.) we only get 1-2 with Verizon. At work that translates to less than 1 megabyte up/down on LTE and frequent switching to 3G (which gets full bars just about everywhere we go) and the occasional dropped call. Something else I've noticed is that our iPhone 6's (A1549) in the DFW area are always connected to band 2 or 4. Which is likely the reason for the poor indoor coverage as they operate on high band frequencies. Also I want to note that my phone picks up band 13 outside of DFW quite well.

So my question is two-fold:

1) Is anybody else experience poor indoor LTE coverage with Verizon in the DFW area?

2) Is the poor indoor coverage because Verizon does not operate band 13 in DFW or does not have sufficient low band depth in DFW so the phone is always picking band 2 or 4?

Phone: iPhone 6 A1549

Areas where problem has been observed:  Richardson, Dallas, Garland, Plano, Allen, Ft. Worth, and Coppell.

Thanks for the help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon LTE Coverage Indoors in Dallas/Ft-Worth
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Service concerns are not what we want for you. Allow us to troubleshoot. It is important to note that all cellular providers cannot guarantee coverage indoors as many factors outside of Verizon’s control can contribute to indoor performance. Tell me more about your experience on the VZW network. What’s your zip code? We recommend Wi-Fi as an indoor solution (if available).

Corey_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kylemorr90

My home zip code is 75081. My work's zip code is 75251. But as indicated in my original post, this is not limited to one zip code but rather across the DFW metroplex.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for sharing those details, kylemorr90. I checked out the zip codes you shared and found that we didn't have any reported issues in the areas. One thing I would like to clarify is, you're only encountering the issue while indoors, correct?

As Corey_VZW shared indoor coverage cannot be guaranteed to be as strong as it is when you are out and about. Coverage can be affected by the materials of the building you're in, local terrain, and other variables. To have a more consistent indoor experience, we recommend signing into Wi-Fi where possible. Now, if you are having any trouble outside with your device, we would want to troubleshoot thoroughly.

Did I explain this okay? If you are having trouble outdoors, please let us know.

John_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kylemorr90

With AT&T this was never an issue. Could you help me with some of the questions below? I am trying to way options before making the decision to switch back.

How much and what kind of low band spectrum is Verizon using for LTE in the DFW market?

Why is it that I can get full bar coverage on 3G but with LTE its only one or two bars in the places mentioned above?

When will Verizon re-farm 3G spectrum to LTE in DFW?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Losing you as a customer is the last thing we want, kylemorr90. We sincerely appreciate your patience while we gather information in regards to your network experience to help improve it. Rest assured, we are committed to improving your wireless experience and are ready to troubleshoot.

The specific network information you are requesting is proprietary. Let's start the troubleshooting process to isolate the issue. We do need some additional details. Please confirm if you are having trouble with the service outdoors. Which services are impacted (calls, text, data)? Do you know of others with the same issue?

GinaU_VZW

0 Likes