Verizon Messages+ activation on AT&T iPd
DCJetFan

i use the Verizon Messages app on my iPhone and it works fine. I was recently given a second hand iPad from a family member that was manufactured under the AT&T specification. I'm trying to activate the Verizon Messages app for the same phone number as my phone on my tablet. The app downloads and installs on the tablet but when I try to activate the app on the device by entering the phone number it says it is sending a activation code to my phone but the text message never comes across on my phone.

I tried turning off the Wi-Fi connection on the phone and waiting to receive the text message over cellular connection. It did not work.

I wonder if the Verizon messages app is not compatible with an AT&T manufactured iPad. The same process work fine with my previous iPad that was compatible with the Verizon network.  I do not currently have a cellular plan for the new tablet.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Messages+ activation on AT&T iPd
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dave, that's a great question. When a device is not a Verizon Wireless compatible device, the compatibility for a feature/app working is not guaranteed. We do appreciate your business with Verizon Wireless.

KristieQ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes