Verizon gave me a reconditioned iphone 5 instead of a new one
CoachTom

My daughter recently started having issues with her phone so we took it to an independant service center.  It turns out that when her phone was replaced for warrenty issues, Verizon gave us a cheaply reconditioned phone.  It had non-apple parts and was in bad shape inside, which explained all of the issues we were having.

We had to pay $120 to have it fixed.

Beware Verizon customers - even though it looks like an iphone from the outside Verizon is supplying customers with junk.  We expect to get a quality apple product, but instead we get problems.  If it's not illeagal it should be!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon gave me a reconditioned iphone 5 instead of a new one
Not applicable

You do not get new phones it says it right in the terms.

bmuzzall
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon is bad about doing that. I had that issue once and every since I buy from Best Buy and carry Geek Squad Protection on my phone. My wifes phone broke and we got a new phone no problems.

0 Likes
jessejames1980

Verizon will always supplement a replacement device with one of a refurbished in nature, despite whatever you may be told by a representative.  They sent me a refurbished I-phone 5 for replacement and I didn't even open it I mailed it right back to them with refusal on the package.  Despite having done so, the company reported that I had accepted the refurbished one.  To which I had to argue that I had not and had sent it back certified mail, and took pictures of the all documents in package before mailing.  So I was able to go to an Apple store and get a new phone that was opened newly in front of me, after having argued with reps on the phone multiple times about the same issue.  Not that it mattered in the end any way the I-phone 5 is/was one of the worst designed I-phones, not counting all the problems with the 6 to date.

Refurbished phones are guaranteed to be 10x worse than the phone you are sending to Verizon. 

Just don't, get a phone off of Ebay or something else anything would be better than a refurbished phone.

0 Likes