Verizon is blocking me from upgrading to an iPhone X.
PICOCURIE

Verizon is blocking me from upgrading to an iPhone X by stating my account is past due.  Have been with them since 1993 consistently with account payments over $10,000 and never had this issue before.  I cannot even check my account to find out my status.  Anyone out there who uses AT&T or other carriers with iPhone X.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon is blocking me from upgrading to an iPhone X.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why can't you check your own account? Do you have access to your account through the MyVerizon online?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

No carrier allows upgrades unless the account is “in good standing”.   This may include suspension in the past 6 months or a past due balance.  Since The Device payment plan is essentially a loan, they run your credit and have the right to refuse to extend credit. 

Since you can’t access the account, call Verizon and ask what’s up. 

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

If the account bill is over $10,000 per month, my guess is that this is a business account.

If it is, are you just a user or are you actually authorized to make phone purchases?

mama23dogs
Legend

I think the OP, like many others, is adding up how much they have spent since joining Verizon (In 1993)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That’s great that you’ve been with us since 1993. Not a lot of folks can say that, PICOCURIE. We want you to be able to get the new phone you want at your convenience. We’ll do all we can to help. Our community members Ann154, mama23dogs, and sprmankalel have all asked some great questions. I have a few others. Can you tell us specifically what happens when you try to upgrade? At what point does it tell you about past-due balances? What happens when you try to access the account to determine why you’re unable to process an upgrade? Other than these errors, is anything else different about the upgrade process this time, compared to those you’ve done in the past?

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's always exciting to get a new device, PICOCURIE. We do appreciate your service for the past 25 years and don't want to see you leave the Verizon family. I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing an issue with your account balance as well as being able to check your account. I would like to help sort things out for you so you can purchase your new device. I have sent a private message so I may further assist. I look forward to your reply.

LaurenC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PICOCURIE

I own the corporation.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Well then you should have a chat with your bookkeeper.  This certainly can’t be the first time your phones have been upgraded. 

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Or whoever is in charge of accounts payable.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes