Verizon not giving the credit for iphone 12 mini that was promised
user909090

I called to see my options for a new device and I was offered a new iphone mini 12 for my existing line without the trade-in. The agent helped me through the whole process.

When I got my first bill, I was charged for the full price so I called and chatted with several associates and I was reassured that I will get all of it back after 2 billing cycles. After 3 months, I was still getting billed for the full device payment. I called and spoke to a manager and found out that the promo was NEVER there???

They say they cannot do anything and I need to pay the whole thing off. I asked if I can return the phone and they are saying now it's too late because I waited AS THEY TOLD ME TO! I am out of options now but to pay the full price and what is worse, stuck with Verizon for whole 2 years. What can I do at this point? I guess I can file a case if all fails but trying to see if this can be resolved without too much hassle..

0 Likes
Re: Verizon not giving the credit for iphone 12 mini that was promised
Mehyar1978

I have the same problem, the offer trade any phone when I submit my iPhone 8 the system accepts it but after one month the ask for another phone that I never wanted to trade .

So I called more than 8 times and every time they telling me that's I'm right and the credit going to be issued to my account in 2 weeks. That never happened. 

Then I asked for my old phone back the answer is. Oh sorry we can't do that. 

0 Likes
user909090

Wow.... and it takes SO LONG to get anyone on the call every time

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

-Mehyar1978

Making sure that your trade in gets processed successfully is very important. Trade in credits take up to 2 billing cycles to apply. I can look into your trade in status and see what is going on. Please respond to my Private note.

-Angie

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, user909090. We do appreciate your patience while on hold with our Customer Service Department as they have been experiencing a high volume of calls. We certainly are happy to assist with your iPhone 12 Mini promotion inquiry in every way that we can here. Can you please share with us when it was that you upgraded to an iPhone 12 Mini? -Brett

0 Likes
user909090

In July and the promo for full phone was to be applied without the trade-in.

0 Likes
user909090

I did not get any private message

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for getting back to us. Was this a rebate you are referring to? Thanks in advance. -Rosie

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

A private message has not been sent yet. Is this a rebate you are referring to? -Rosie

0 Likes
TimTravers
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon just did the same thing to me on a Iphone 12 pro... online i was offered $800 trade-in on my phone and when it arrived the changed the $800 to $400. 

when I tried to talk to someone they tried to convince me that this was all my fault and i must have misunderstood something. One person even told me that Verizon didn't have any promotions going on and that nothing I was saying could even be true

0 Likes