Verizon's subpar customer service
jesssica210

When I initially ordered the iPhone 5s almost a month ago, I was not surprised at the lengthy waiting period for it to arrive. I was very pleased to discover the phone shipped three weeks earlier than anticipated. I immediately picked up my phone from FedEx, and went home to try and activate my device. Upon signing into my account on vzw.com, I discovered I could not activate my new phone because of a "pending order". I investigated this order, and found that because I increased the GB in my data plan earlier that day, I couldn't change any devices on my plan. That was a tad bit frustrating, but was told the order would be completed the following morning and my phone could then be activated. The next day, I backed up my old iPhone and began the activation for the new one. During the following 4 hours I tried every way possible to activate the 5s. iTunes activation, cellular, wifi and even calling Tech Support (that I pay extra for). No one could give me any answers. I was transferred for hours to various departments, until one representative decided to get Apple on the line. Verizon pawned me off to Apple, who then told me this was obviously a carrier problem, not a hardware/software issue, and that I should visit my local Verizon Wireless store. Immediately upon entering the store, I was shut down my a sales rep who told me there was another customer with the same issue who they had been trying to resolve the issue with for hours. I asked them if I could at least restore service on my old device while whatever issue Verizon was experiencing, could be patched. The very snotty woman told me no, that I could not activate any device, and that my best bet was to "turn off my phone for a few hours, turn it back on and see if its activated". Barely offering me any explanation, unapologetic throughout the experience and unwilling to even look at my phone, I was stone walled. I called Tech Support, with a working device, once more, who told me to go back in the store and hand my phone to the first person I saw. Again, upon entering the store, I was met with the Assistant Manager, who rolled her eyes when she saw me, grabbed my phone and barked at the Tech Support man that "four Trouble Tickets had ben issued, and there was nothing they could do". I felt more as if I was intruding than asking, kindly non-the-less, for assistance with a device/account I pay a considerable amount of money for. Eventually after 12 long hours, and 15 phone restorations, trying to get a phone activated, my phone found Verizon Wireless "service". I would have been much more obliged to be patiently wait this out while the issue was resolved, if I wasn't met with poor customer service every step of the way. Tomorrow, I will definitely be calling to file a formal complaint on my local store. After many years of service with Verizon, I am considering switching to a carrier who offers more satisfactory service.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon's subpar customer service
georgemehl

how about 30yrs paying full price for a shared line?Verizon just doesn't care.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon's subpar customer service
sled-dude
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know exactly what you are talking about, I have a Corporate Verizon by me, there is one Rep I have and others have lodge formal complaints, through this website, against him for his bad attitude. He is still there.

0 Likes