Verizon won't honor their own insurance
Kalamakid

I pay $11 a month to Verizon for iPhone insurance on my 6plus. It has a $180 deductible. I broke my phone a couple months back. Went into a store and they had a replacement mailed to me. Now Verizon wants to change me $340 for the replacement and refuses to charge me the deductible. Called multiple times and each person says they have their hands tied because it's a mistake made by the Verizon store I went to.  Said store is in another state far from me and refuses to help as well. Basically I'm paying insurance on my Verizon bill and they refuse to let me use it.  The phone that broke wasn't damaged on the outside or wet.  Just had an intermittent screen.  Ready to cancel my service for sure.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon won't honor their own insurance
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like you replaced the phone under the warranty terms not the insurance through the third insurer Asurion. If you wanted to make an insurance claim and paid the deductible, you are supposed to go through the insurer's website and contact.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.