VoLTE dropping calls
Mr_Blue1

Been with verizon for 4 years never had dropped call. Started using VoLTE on my iphone 6 and I am dropping calls inside buildings and on bridges. I have since turned off Voice Over LTE but now I can't surf and talk at the same time. I thought we were golden after Verizon turned on VoLTE. I use mobil hotspot a lot on the road but now it seems VoLTE has problems. My wife is also reporting dropped calls on VoLTE.

Is anybody having similar issue ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: VoLTE dropping calls
rcschnoor
Legend

VoLTE does not necessarily have a problem, it is just that you must have a continuous 4G signal. If you switch to 3G just for a few seconds, the call will drop.

Ed218
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I have had the same issue as well.  I thought it was a problem with my new iPhone as I was dropping calls or having bad quality in areas my iPhone 5 worked fine.  After getting the new phone I experienced the same issue of dropped calls and bad call quality.  I isolated the issue with the voLTE.  I changed the setting to data only and the phone worked fine in areas the voLTE would not work.  I am extremely dissapointed Verizon would deploy a calling format or system that is inferior.  I find it to be completely unusable due to its terrible call quality.  I will call Verizon to speak with them regarding this issue but I can't image they will be able to do anything about it.  I can't express how disappointed I am.  So much for talk and surf!!!

Loquat
Master - Level 1

I believe when I signed up for VoLTE on my iP6+ it made mention that it was still in its deployment phases and that dropped calls were a possibility.  I have occasional dropped calls but I would say that it's about 80% useful most of the time. 

0 Likes