Voicemail sending text meshed with every new message or when I save/delete
shann0425
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since switching from an Android to an iPhone 6 Plus I've been receiving garbled text messages every time I get a new voicemail and when I save or delete a message. The texts look like this:

"//VZWVVM:SYNC:ev=NM;id=210;c=2;t=v;s=15085564162;dt=21/06/2017 09:57 -0400;l=7;dev_t=5"

I don't have visual voicemail on my account, but I'm assuming the "VXWVVM" is indicative of that being the source of the problem.

On top of that I don't get badges showing that I have a new message, just the text message. I don't know if the two are related.

Any ideas on how to resolve these issues?

Labels (1)
Re: Voicemail sending text meshed with every new message or when I save/delete
shann0425
Enthusiast - Level 2

Whoops, title should say message not meshed. I'm mobile so sorry for any typos/autocorrect fails

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely on my voicemail to provide messages for important missed calls and we definitely want your voicemail to provide this for you, shann0425. Let's take a deeper look into this. The iPhone does include visual voicemail. Please reset your network settings, http://spr.ly/65838WQ2v. Please also check your notifications, http://spr.ly/65848WQ2a. Are you able to listen to messages when you check the voicemail?

DanielleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
shann0425
Enthusiast - Level 2

Danielle,

I reset my network settings but after deleting a voicemail I received this morning I still got a text message. I've also checked my notification settings. I checked my phone's notifications and everything is turned on. Is there another place inside that menu I should check?

Yes, I am still able to listen to the messages in my voicemail.

Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Shann0425, thank you so much for all that you've tried to do. I want to make sure that we get these garbled up text messages to stop coming through. I want to make sure that Voicemail Settings are set up correctly on our end. So we can go over the specifics, we would need to get account specifics. I've sent you a Direct Message. Can you please respond back to that message for me. Looking forward to working with you.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
b10barge

I'm having the exact same issue. Were you able to resolve it? I have already reset my network settings, but I am still getting a generic text message if someone leaves me a voicemail.

0 Likes
shann0425
Enthusiast - Level 2

b10barge​ not yet, but I just sent an private message back to Kevin from above.

0 Likes
alicias_vzw
Verizon Employee

B10barge,

Receiving these garbled texts after a voicemail is left is definitely odd. I’m here to make sure we get this resolved once & for all. Your troubleshooting efforts are much appreciated. When exactly did this problem start to happen? Please check & confirm that you have the most updated software on your iPhone. (Go to Settings – General – Software Update.)

AliciaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BeckyLynn7

Was this resolved? I'm having the same issue, and can't listen to the voicemails at all. I'm on a Google Pixel.

0 Likes
JOHMEI13

Am having same issue with iPhone 7..recently purchased a pixel 2 and switched SIM card from iPhone 7 to the pixel and activated the android phone and then decided to go back to the iPhone. Upon reactivating  the iPhone cannot get visual voicemails. Have done all network resets, updated to iOS 11.1, etc. Still not showing VVM and cannot set it up....only option is to access vmail by dialing into the mailbox

0 Likes