WHAT IS THE DEAL?
Doridoo29
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is so frustrating after seeing several people having the same problem after the updates for the IOS 7.3 I am having the same problems. Phone turns off, Freezes, Sometimes I can't turn it off I have to hard power it down, WIFI grayed out, Battery says charged then BAM dies... I restored it back to brand new last night and didn't even put half the apps on there and it is still doing it. I saw one person saying that the only solution is to get a new phone? That is NOT acceptable at ALL. Why should I have to get a new phone when this obviously is a VERIZON/APPLE problem???? What is my next step? I guess it will be to leave Verizon after being a long time customer I mean who really cares about loyal customer's right verizon I have been told before by you when one leaves you get 10 more!!!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: WHAT IS THE DEAL?
LandoTheGiant
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why are you posting on Verizon, when Apple takes care of Software? Verizon isn't going to help you because they have nothing to do with software issues.  Is your phone new? Within one year apple will replace it for free, so go to your local apple store and ask them to look at it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
LandoTheGiant
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why are you posting on Verizon, when Apple takes care of Software? Verizon isn't going to help you because they have nothing to do with software issues.  Is your phone new? Within one year apple will replace it for free, so go to your local apple store and ask them to look at it.

0 Likes
Doridoo29
Enthusiast - Level 3

Umm NO its not new and I am not the only one with this problem and since it is a VERIZON cell phone I will post where ever and when ever I feel like it. IF you are not here to help or offer any info please kindly take your self somewhere else. Keep scrolling and looking on here there are several people with the same issue!!!

0 Likes
Defn
Enthusiast - Level 3

You certainly have the right to post whatever you want regarding Verizon phones here in the Verizon customer forums. With this being a Customer based forum, we do have the right to respond to your atrocious post. Several people do have the same exact error you are seeing, and all of them have Apple iPhones, that Apple produces the software for. If you have a problem with software coming from Apple, I would recommend talking to Apple about it. I would also have to recommend if you are going to use the "Dont post here unless you have something constructive to add" comment, you should practice what you preach. Furthermore, threatening to leave Verizon over a software update, that went to every Apple iPhone, on any network, is absoluetely absurd, no matter what network you go to, you will see the same problems, with the same phone, with the same software update. If you do feel as strongly as you do about leaving Verizon over this, I would recommend dropping Apple as your device provider as well.

Message was edited by: Nick D

rcschnoor
Legend

I certainly don't understand your response. LandoTheGiant DID offer some advice. Take the phone to Apple. They would be best equipped to handle any problems you are having due to a software update.

Good luck.

Doridoo29
Enthusiast - Level 3

Apple is not doing anything about it. There standard response is well you need to get a new phone. My question is WHY should I have to get a new phone when its obviously something that multiple people are having the same issues. And since this is a Verizon Phone with Apple Products there has to be something that can be done.

0 Likes
Defn
Enthusiast - Level 3

You were given the option to get a new phone, and you did decline that offer. From that point the next course of action is completely on you. But I can tell you, you are not going to be getting out of contract with a claim that the software update, broke your phone. Maybe you could try your areas Craigslist, and find a nice used phone to replace your iPhone until your next upgrade date.

Big_D_Docking_Dude
Enthusiast - Level 3

Simple solution... buy an Android phone.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Doridoo29.
I definitely appreciate your loyalty and I certainly don't want you to go! Please ensure you are running the most current software (7.0.4) http://vz.to/1hCGvrL enable recovery mode and reset the phone as new again http://vz.to/18rIb1T If successful, great! If not, replacement options would be the next step. If needed please follow me, accept my follow request and send me a direct message. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes