Wait for upgrade or file replacement claim?
Kel0628

my iPhone 5S was lost/stolen. Should I wait until 2/26/15 to upgrade  or file a claim to replace?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Wait for upgrade or file replacement claim?
Loquat
Master - Level 1

It sucks with all that you're dealing with...but your issue isn't with VZW...it's with Asurion.  You pay for insurance...file a claim.  Why wait?  You pay for insurance in case situations of such happen...so use it.  You'll have to pay a deductible but that money doesn't go to VZW...that goes to the insurace company.  I wouldn't wait a month unless you cry is that the deductible is just as much as it'd cost to upgrade.  If that's the case then you have to make that decision yourself.  I'm not really sure why you'rew upset with VZW...if I'm missing something, do explain.  Best of luck to you...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn about your lost phone Kel0628! I would recommend processing an insurance claim online at http://bit.ly/07CrqPK and get a phone replacement pronto! Or, you can activate any other Verizon Wireless (if you have a previous one) until it is time for your next phone upgrade. Let us know if you need help activating.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
cumfyk

But yet I try processing an insurance claim for my fiances phone that got robbed from her and my insurance claim gets denied Verizon has always been right there when they wanted to get paid but the one time I need help I get told no!!!?  Wth? Been with Verizon for almost 10 years lose my job lose our home lose my car in an accident lose my fiances phone do to theft and Verizon can't do a thing to help why am I paying extra for insurance to cover that if Verizon won't help and replace it??

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

It sucks with all that you're dealing with...but your issue isn't with VZW...it's with Asurion.  You pay for insurance...file a claim.  Why wait?  You pay for insurance in case situations of such happen...so use it.  You'll have to pay a deductible but that money doesn't go to VZW...that goes to the insurace company.  I wouldn't wait a month unless you cry is that the deductible is just as much as it'd cost to upgrade.  If that's the case then you have to make that decision yourself.  I'm not really sure why you'rew upset with VZW...if I'm missing something, do explain.  Best of luck to you...

0 Likes
cumfyk

I did file a claim and they said no and told me to just buy a new phone

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

What is the exact reason they're giving you for not accepting your claim.  They can't just deny you without a reason. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cumfyk,

I am sorry to hear that you claim was denied. It is odd to hear that a claim was denied. Did Asurion provide a reason behind denying the claim? How long ago did this happen?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes