Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
Was I blocked?
luluwag

I called an old friend and it rang about 8 times.  I thought I was going to voicemail but the announcement was her number (part of it was cut off so it was confusing) and then it said "is not available."  Then I waited and there was a beep.  I wasn't sure if it was voicemail or what so I hung up.  I called back and left a message after the beep but she's never called back. 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Was I blocked?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Luluwag, we always want you to know the details regarding outbound calling.  Unfortunately without knowing all the details and the full message, we would be unable to determine if you are blocked by this individual.  We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sean_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
luluwag

That is the full message.  It rang about 8 times, then the voice recited part of her phone number, then a pause, and "is unavailable."  That's it.  I waited several seconds and there was a beep.  I'm not sure what further information you need.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

luluwag,

That would certainly concern me as well. We want to make sure you are able to make the calls you need. In most cases if you are blocked the phone would not ring so many times first. That said, every carrier handles blocking differently so there isn't a way to say for certain. Reaching out to your friend through another method if possible to see if they are getting the calls or what is going on would be the best way to know for sure.

Andrew_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes