Was anyone else also blatantly lied to about the ship date when purchasing the 5s?
seanquigs

I was lied to.  When I called to order it, I was told gray was still in stock and that they'd ship it.  I said, I'll only order this if you do have it in stock and you can ship it to me now. She said yes, it is, I promise, we still have plenty of the gray 5s and it will ship right now.  Yet 4 days later I still don't see anything shipped in my account and now I call back to see what's up and they're like, oh yeah you have to wait at least a month, despite your bill going massively higher as of 5 days ago anyway - and your first bill is just about already due somehow. If I had known this A) I wouldn't have switched the account from my work line - this mistake will cost me a lot of money.  B) I would've gotten a different device, and C) I certainly wouldn't have sold my current device which I'll now have to ship soon myself, leaving me stranded without one.  I didn't think they would outright lie like that (aren't those calls recorded?), but they did and now I'm in a bind, but at least they'll get a couple thousand dollars which will cost them almost nothing in terms of delivering an actual service. Nice racket.  My wife is on Republic Wireless, not quite there yet for work purposes but it makes you realize, if you're always near wifi, why route calls through big wireless companies all the time?  Why not pay $19 a month for unlimited talk, text, and data?  Within 5 years we should all make it our priority that technology disrupts the business of colluding big telecom.  We will all have super fast, free, nationwide wifi - will Google do it, or someone else?  Either way, on that day my phone bill and that of every one elses will instantly drop from $120 a month to $1.20 a month, and I will be dancing in the streets. It's definitely coming soon - the trick is going to be guessing when, and taking a massively short position in Verzion just prior to that golden day of reckoning.

Labels (2)
0 Likes