What does this mean exactly to you??
cfspence1003
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got charged yesterday and the tracking just updated. It shipped yesterday (apparently) and it says overnight..Am I still planning for the 21st?

Screen Shot 2012-09-18 at 10.55.41 AM.png

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What does this mean exactly to you??
rcschnoor
Legend

yes.

0 Likes
kmominee
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just called FedEx because mine says the same thing. Verizon has requested that the package be held until Thursday for delivery on Friday.

0 Likes
cfspence1003
Enthusiast - Level 3

That to me is bull****!!! but oh well...

rcschnoor
Legend

Why is that? Apple announced the release date as Sep 21. Why should you expect it before that.

I am sure the stores have them in stock already, too, but you don't see them selling them, do you?

0 Likes
cfspence1003
Enthusiast - Level 3
Oh I don't know, maybe because the 4S came to me 3 days in advance before they hit stores... Just saying, maybe history should repeat itself again?
0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Why did you ask if you should plan for the 21st, then, if you have experience in receiving it early, unless of course you didn't.

0 Likes
cfspence1003
Enthusiast - Level 3
Do you not see the difference between the iPhone 4S and the 5?? For one, much higher demand for the 5. Yes, I received the 4S in advance but much has changed since then. For one, I have heard people say that apple has requested that FedEx hold shipments so that it can only be delivered on the 21st. That wasn't like that with the 4S... One can't even add the phone or new iPad to their bill to pay later on; which I did with my iPad 2. It is highly doubtful that history will repeat itself and since I have only preordered once, obviously my experience is not like others who went though preordering the 4 as well..
0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

cfspence1003 wrote:

Do you not see the difference between the iPhone 4S and the 5?? For one, much higher demand for the 5. What does demand have to do with it if the phones are packaged and already in the hands of the shipping agent? It's not as if they are going to pull some and give them to others because of the "much higher demand"!

Yes, I received the 4S in advance but much has changed since then. For one, I have heard people say that apple has requested that FedEx hold shipments so that it can only be delivered on the 21st. That wasn't like that with the 4S... Actually, the same was said for BOTH the iPhone 4 and 4S in threads on this forum.

One can't even add the phone or new iPad to their bill to pay later on; which I did with my iPad 2. It is highly doubtful that history will repeat itself and since I have only preordered once, obviously my experience is not like others who went though preordering the 4 as well..
0 Likes
cfspence1003
Enthusiast - Level 3

To my knowledge, when I preordered the 4S I never once saw anything mentioned about apple requesting it be held by FedEx. Then again, I did not know about these forums at that time. I did not even know it to be possible to get it early until it arrived.. In fact, if I recall correctly, my tracking info did not even update past step 2 until after the phone was in my hand. Example of that would be in this circumstance it stayed in Memphis and then voila! I am signing for it:)

The higher demand was explained to me by a VZW CS rep (which means beans to me at this point due to the 8294839 different stories I have gotten but I will quote anyways)... "There is a high demand for these phones and customers who preorder within that initial hour time frame MAY get it early but it also depends on how many apple supplies the carrier with and which carrier is supplied with the inventory first." he went on to state that, "yes apple has broken a much larger record with this phone so the shipping may not be as promised due to the lack of inventory in comparison to how many people have preordered."

0 Likes