What should I do if I can't remember my access code?
saminst

My daughter has an iphone5. Supposedly when I gave it to her for Christmas, I set up a 4-digit restriction code in the settings under "general." Of course, I have no recollection of ever doing this. But indeed, it is password protected-- a 4-dogit code. We have tried every code we could think of-- 9 so far-- all incorrect. Now we have to wait for an hour before trying again. It won't do any good. I have no idea what the code could be. Is there any way to by-pass the code, reset it to something or nothing? Seems like there would have to be some way to override it or reset it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 4-digit restriction access code: WE CANNOT REMEMBER IT!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Remembering passwords can sometimes be tricky. No worries, saminst. We have a tip that may just do the trick. We recommend that you please try connecting your iPhone to a home computer that has the latest version of iTunes installed. You will need to restore it back to factory default, but this should override that password protection that was set up on it. Let us know if this helps out.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: 4-digit restriction access code: WE CANNOT REMEMBER IT!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Remembering passwords can sometimes be tricky. No worries, saminst. We have a tip that may just do the trick. We recommend that you please try connecting your iPhone to a home computer that has the latest version of iTunes installed. You will need to restore it back to factory default, but this should override that password protection that was set up on it. Let us know if this helps out.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes