When I text my wife, why does my phone receive the same message?
kilmerkyle

This is her first smart phone.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Upgraded my wife and I's phones, when I text her it sends the same message back from her phone?
Weth
Legend

Are you set up with 2 different apple IDs? Make sure you are sending it to her phone number and not an email address that you both have activated on iMessages.

1) Make sure you have 2 different Apple IDs

2) Go to Settings/Messages/Send and Receive - You may have an email address checked here that is also on your phone creating the loop, you can unclick it on your phone.

3) send message to her phone number not email address.

4) You can also go to settings>messages>turn off imessage on one of the devices aswell and keep the same apple id.

View solution in original post

Re: Upgraded my wife and I's phones, when I text her it sends the same message back from her phone?
Weth
Legend

Are you set up with 2 different apple IDs? Make sure you are sending it to her phone number and not an email address that you both have activated on iMessages.

1) Make sure you have 2 different Apple IDs

2) Go to Settings/Messages/Send and Receive - You may have an email address checked here that is also on your phone creating the loop, you can unclick it on your phone.

3) send message to her phone number not email address.

4) You can also go to settings>messages>turn off imessage on one of the devices aswell and keep the same apple id.