When forwarding emails to SMS I only get the subject?
cmf239

Hey all! I'm trying to get certain emails from work forwarded to my phone as texts since I don't have my computer with my at all times and prefer not to upload my entire work mailbox to my personal device. However, all I get is an alert saying I have the email with the subject line, and no content. Can anyone possibly advise?

Thanks!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: When forwarding emails to SMS I only get the subject?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

How are you forwarding the emails? Which format of the phone number's email address are you using?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
cmf239

I just set it up in Outlook to forward emails from specific people (my bosses), and I put myphonenumberhere@vtext.com for the address. It pops up on my phone, but I only get a text message with the subject line, I can't read it.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That explains it. You are using the SMS email address and it is restricted to 160 characters and doesn't support special characters. You should try the MMS email address "number@vzwpix.com" instead.

Send Picture/Video Message using Email | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes