When will sim cards be available at Verizon Stores?
Hesson412

I purchased an iPhone 5 through a third party and need to get a sim card to activate it.  I went to a local store here today and they did not have a sim card available nor did any other the other number of stores in the area.  They noted on my account that I needed a card and told me that I could call customer service who would order one for me.

After speaking to a very friendly individual at customer service he found the part number but said it was unable to be ordered and that I should contact Apple.  I spoke to a local Apple store rep who said that I would have to get the sim card through my carrier.

Which brings me back to when I will be able to go to a store to purchase one or be able to get one through customer service?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: When will sim cards be available at Verizon Stores?
Hesson412

Fantastic responses by Verizon employees here.  Even more fantastic that customer service said they couldn't order one and to get with Apple and that they hoped I enjoyed my new phone.   This makes ZERO sense.  Sounds like bad training and or ignorance of products you are trying to sell and support.  Now, let me be clear I didn't expect to get a SIM card quickly with many orders  backlogged, but I would expect some degree of competence in dealing with customer service. 

As it turned out, I was in Boca Raton on business this last week where a local store had plenty of nano sims available where a skilled and friendly customer service agent got my line transferred over to my new device while keeping my plan and features as they should be with my unlimited data intact. 

Hard to believe those working working in online customer service are this poor at understanding their products and how to get longtime paying customers what they need. 

Hope all of you are enjoying your new phones! 

0 Likes