Where is the promotional 1 GB of data I ordered???
CaseyND

Verizon Wireless Customer Support

I ordered 2 different iPhone 6s, (one 6, one 6+). Both showed the promotional 1GB when I checked out of the store, but neither of them were applied to the account a month later. First I contacted customer service via chat, they said they would add it to the account, and I said thank you and went on my way. A few days later I checked my account and it only showed 1 of the 2 promotions applied. Next I contacted customer service by phone, they said they could see that I ordered the promotion within the promotional period (which apparently ended on September 30th, but wasn't shown when checking out), but because it was now outside the promotional period, the CS rep (and their supervisor) were unable to add the promotion to my account, and basically told me that I was out of luck. I really feel this was a bait and switch situation, with one thing being shown to me when I ordered, and then not delivered by Verizon Wireless. Can someone fix this?

There are tons of others with this same problem->

Misled about free 1GB promotion, not a happy camper

Waiting for 1GB Data Promotion to be added

Verizon Promotional Data - 1GB per Line

Why Is My Promotional 1GB Of Data Not Showing Up On My Plan Details?

Verizon not honoring 1GB promotion

Re: Where is my Free 1gb

Bonus 1GB Data Missing

Re: 1 GB Promotion Error...Need help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Where is the promotional 1 GB of data I ordered???
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi CaseyND,

Congrats on your new devices! We want to make sure that your billing is correct. I just sent you a direct message. Please respond to this message.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
CaseyND

Thank you for taking care of the problem!

0 Likes
MaddogMDD

Pamela, can you PM me as well?  I have an identical problem (2 iphone 6's... owed 1GB promo per line for two years, which hasn't been applied).  I ordered and even activated in September.  I've contacted multiple representatives and none have been able to give me what I was promised.  Clearly shown in my order confirmation.

0 Likes
Tjs84

I also have had the same problem with the 1gb promotion being added to our account for the two phones we ordered in September.  I ordered a iPhone 6 plus on 9/21 and iPhone 6 on 9/29 both within the time frame for the promotion.  The

first time I called Verizon the gentleman was helpful and he completed paperwork on his end for us to get the promotion on the iphone6 we received on 10/6. Three days later we received the 1gb promotion for 24 months on our account but said he couldn't do anything to the second 1gb promotion until we received the iphone 6 plus, but he was going to put notes on the account explaining the situation  

Second call to Verizon was made after we received the iPhone 6 plus.  Again explained the story.  The lady was going to again complete paperwork to receive the 1gb promotion for 24 months and again was going to put notes on the account explaining problem with an additional note explaining if we went over our data, we would not be charged and to check our acct. in about a week to see the promotion was added.

Checked account today and still no promotion applied to account for second 1 gb promotion as promised.  Called Verizon a third time.  Spent 1-1/2 hours on the phone again trying to explain the story.  Was told request for 1 gb was denied as promotion ended prior to receiving my phone on 10/21 even though phone was purchased within the time frame of promotion.  Told they could not add the 1 gb promotion after the fact but for some reason she was able to add a 500mb data promotion for 12 months.  Asked to speak to supervisor who again told me sorry nothing she could do other than add 500mb for 12 months.  She said she had no way of knowing the codes for the September promotion.

I asked  to speak to a supervisor higher up but was told there was no one to speak to.  How can I company of this size not honor their advertised promotions.  I can't help when you sent me my phone. I made my purchases within the time frame and now you don't want to honor it.  How can you do this.  By reading this forum this appears to be a huge problem on your end. Maybe the next time my contract comes up, I'll look into switching companies.  I would greatly appreciate a reply.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tjs84, how about we get this straightened out for you? I have sent you a direct message. Please reply to my message so I can resolve this for you.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Tjs84

I would like to straighten out this problem.  Thank you.

>> Personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
bmorrison

I am currently in the midst of the same issue.  I purchased (3) smartphones, and was entitled to the promotion, but the data never showed up.  I have been in contact with support a total of 5 times now, and they have all confirmed that I am correct and the data would be added ASAP.  Their ETA ranged from 48 hours, to the next billing cycle.  All representatives have yet to resolve this issue.  I am currently in a chat with another representative, and it looks like it is going nowhere.  I have my chat transcripts, and this is poor customer service for it to take since October to have this resolved.  Any information would be greatly appreciated, as I am growing very tired of contacting Verizon regarding this.  For a long standing customer to be treated in this manner is unbelievable.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bmorrison,

This certainly doesn't sound normal at all! I am sorry to hear that your promotional data has not yet been added on to the account. We most definitely want to live up to our word. I'd be happy to take a closer look into this for you. In order to do that we need account information, and we aren't able to obtain that here. So I will send you a Private Message. Please be on the look out for that, and I can take a look to see what is exactly going on. Thank you.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bmorrison

ErinW_VZW has contacted me directly via PM, as 48 hours has past and Verizon has still not resolved this issue after 5 guarantees to do so.  I will hopefully be able to report back with a resolution once ErinW_VZW handles it.  I'm sure Verizon wouldn't want to lose customer over something so simple, but the previous 5 attempts has proven otherwise.

0 Likes