Why am I having trouble restoring from iCloud?
BlueGR

I just switched to Verizon today from another carrier, which necessitated a new iPhone 4.  (Don't like the size of the 5.)  All my contacts are on the new phone, mail is working.  My apps are all on the new phone, but most of  them are blackened out.  The phone has been restoring from iCloud on Wifi for about 6 hours now with no change in icons coloring in.  Should it be taking this long?  Any ideas?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Issues restoring from iCloud
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

If you had a lot of apps and if the apps are large in size, it could take a significant amount of time for all the apps to fulling install on the device.

For future reference, it is probably faster to restore from a computer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

If you had a lot of apps and if the apps are large in size, it could take a significant amount of time for all the apps to fulling install on the device.

For future reference, it is probably faster to restore from a computer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Ttipgem excuse my butting in Smiley Happy

The problem is and I have done this myself on the new device under purchases, not on this device. Even though you can select each app to restore to the new device as many at one time I have found it faster and stable to select one at a time or the issue the original poster wrote about happens.

Your restore from computer was a good suggestion.

Good Luck

0 Likes