Why am I not allowed to keep unlimited data if I'm using an upgrade?
iNolanFTW

This is legitimately pissing me off. That is so wrong. Why can't I keep unlimited if I have been paying for it all this time? Also, Why can people who pay retail for the phone keep it, but people upgrading can't? What's the difference? Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why am I not allowed to keep unlimited data if I'm using an upgrade?
cfspence1003
Enthusiast - Level 3

This really should not be any sort of surprise. But with that said, I am keeping my unlimited data because I upgraded a totally different line on my acct, taking the new iPhone in upon receiving it and getting a blank SIM card and programming my number for the phone. In turn, I did not upgrade MY (unlimited) line. There are ways around this but eventually we will all lose unlimited no matter what.

0 Likes
D805
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wouldn't it be nice if we could start a class action suit?

21stNow
Master - Level 1

iNolanFTW wrote:

This is legitimately ******* me off. That is so wrong. Why can't I keep unlimited if I have been paying for it all this time? Also, Why can people who pay retail for the phone keep it, but people upgrading can't? What's the difference? Thanks.

The actual difference is that you are signing a new contract with a subsidized device and accepting a new offer from Verizon Wireless when you upgrade your phone.  The new offer doesn't include unlimited data.  When paying full price for a device, you are not accepting a new offer from VZW, but rather are continuing under the terms of your old offer.

The reality is that paying full price for a phone is a deterrent to staying on a plan that is no longer offered by VZW.  The company doesn't want current customers on old plans.

0 Likes
cfspence1003
Enthusiast - Level 3

Couldn't have said that better myself.. Yes, there are ways around it like adding a line and then activating the phone under your line or just upgrading another line but nonetheless if you upgrade THE ACTUAL unlimited line, you lose it.

0 Likes