Why are contacts showing up as phone numbers instead of names?
freckles0210

my text messages are showing up as phone #'s and not names.   I checked my contacts and none of them have any phone #'s listed.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: my contacts are showing up as phone
Mitch_GH
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is a common issue and is related to iCloud.  Go to Settings > iCloud then turn Contacts off and back on (or just on if they're off to start with).  It may take a few attempts but this will eventually pop them back in.  I had this issue frequently with my iPhone 4S but since upgrading to a 5 about a month ago I have not seen it again.  Good luck and keep those contacts backed up!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

freckles0210 Don't worry! We can get your contats restored. Try and turn the phone off and back on. If you still have only numbers. Reset the network settings if you are in a vzw coverage area. Please keep us posted.

sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
TyrionHalfman

I have been having the same problem. All my phone numbers are gone, some of them I need access to very badly. Turning the phone off and on did nothing.

0 Likes
Mitch_GH
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is a common issue and is related to iCloud.  Go to Settings > iCloud then turn Contacts off and back on (or just on if they're off to start with).  It may take a few attempts but this will eventually pop them back in.  I had this issue frequently with my iPhone 4S but since upgrading to a 5 about a month ago I have not seen it again.  Good luck and keep those contacts backed up!

0 Likes