Why are my calls going straight to voicemail?
albrenner
Enthusiast - Level 1

Incoming calla are going directly into voicemail.  Also, I get no alerts for texts or email.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: calls go direct to voicemail
bencinas1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just called Verizon and was walked through some things.  Finally, he suggested Do Not Disturb in the Settings, and I turned off the manual button in that setting.  Now I get my text alerts and my phone calls.  Maybe this will help someone else.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
chajulkes

okay I,m having the same problem with my iphone5 calls going to voice mail and text not showing up until I push the menu button. I need help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi albrenner,

That's odd! Let's get your calls flowing again. I would like to start with your calls. Let's make sure call forwarding is not set up. Please dial *73 and press call.  This will deactivate any call forwarding. Then retest it. As for your texts, are you missing all text or just the ones from iPhone users? Do you have data enabled on your phone? Keep me posted.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello chajulkes,

I am so sorry to hear of your troubles with voicemail & text messages. Have you tried powering your phone off/on? If so, and the problem is persisting, try resetting the network settings. http://vz.to/Kyv1Yd  Before resetting network settings, be sure you're in a Verizon Wireless service area, and not on extended network. Please let us know if either of these steps helps to fix your problem!

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bencinas1
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is happening to me too--calls to voicemail, no alerts or rings for calls or texts.  But they do come through when I'm on my car's bluetooth (sometimes).  I live out of my service area, so I can't got to the suggested link to reset the network settings, if that has even worked for people. 

0 Likes
bencinas1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just called Verizon and was walked through some things.  Finally, he suggested Do Not Disturb in the Settings, and I turned off the manual button in that setting.  Now I get my text alerts and my phone calls.  Maybe this will help someone else.

0 Likes
Minneapolis4

There is no such setting on my phone---notifications are set at Normal---and this has been happening with increasing frequency.  The chat agent referred me to Tier 2 technical support, but his referral information is out of date.  The Verizon robot gave me no option to reach technical support and eventually hung up on me. 

This is a serious problem when the cell phone is one's only telephone. 

0 Likes
Minneapolis4

Following your link leads to a 404 message.

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Minneapolis4, keeping you connected with calls is a priority. We are here to assist. Please go to settings and Do Not Disturb to ensure that setting is not on. Then go to settings, phone, and ensure that silence unknown callers is not on. Does this problem seem to happen in a certain location? Indoors or outdoors? 

0 Likes