Why can't I connect to the internet in Japan?
mm2012

I'm traveling to Japan with my iPhone 5s right now, I got global plan that I should be able to use internet while I'm here( data & voice roaming is turned on), but my phone keep showing error message that my internet is not connected( however, it shows that usage data is keep accumulating ).

What can I do to fix this? if I'm in wifi environment, it 's bit slow but works ok.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iphone 5s internet connection problem in Japan
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello mm2012!

I am so sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your data while travelling! Please reach out to our Global Support team at the toll free number 908-559-4899 for help troubleshooting, and getting it working again.

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello mm2012!

I am so sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your data while travelling! Please reach out to our Global Support team at the toll free number 908-559-4899 for help troubleshooting, and getting it working again.

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

mm2012

I was trying to reach to online chat customer service,( since calling out  of Japan to the US from Japanese land line will probably cost me for international calling fee?!..) but for some reason I was not able to access to online customer service.

Do verizon allow people traveling abroad to contact customer service rep via chat?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Try turning International CDMA to the opposite setting. It is under Settings/Cellular/Roaming. Also make sure Data roaming is turned on.

0 Likes