Why do I receive texts on my iPad but not on my iPhone?
Sarge538
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife sends me a text sometimes that does not appear on my iPhone but does arrive on my iPad. How can this be corrected to show up on both?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I receive texts on my iPad but not on my iPhone, any idea why? Hoping for help.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sarge538, receiving text is important, however when it's the wife who is texting that is a priority. I have the fix for you. When your wife is texting your phone it is going to your apple id and not your mobile number. This is causing the device not to receive the message. On your phone, please go to settings>messages>send&receive> then make sure only your phone number has a check-mark next to it. Once completed, please have your wife text you again to ensure it is working properly.

KatrinaN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

Re: I receive texts on my iPad but not on my iPhone, any idea why? Hoping for help.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sarge538, receiving text is important, however when it's the wife who is texting that is a priority. I have the fix for you. When your wife is texting your phone it is going to your apple id and not your mobile number. This is causing the device not to receive the message. On your phone, please go to settings>messages>send&receive> then make sure only your phone number has a check-mark next to it. Once completed, please have your wife text you again to ensure it is working properly.

KatrinaN_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

Sarge538
Enthusiast - Level 1

I Think I've got it now. The CORRECT ANSWER button isn't there. .??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sarge538, perfect, I am so glad we were able to get the messages from your wife flowing back to your phone. I have marked the post as "answered" for you this evening. Thank you for choosing Verizon and being a loyal customer. Have an awesome rest of your week, Sarge538.

KatrinaN_VZW

0 Likes