Why does Verizon Fraud Prevention need to speak with me to order my iPhone 6?
cadams927

I upgraded my current line to an iPhone 6 around 5:00am EST. I received an email confirmation with both a pre-order confirmation number as well as an order confirmation number. Around 8:15am, I received a text from Verizon asking me to confirm the order by responding "YES" to the text, which I did. Several hours later, I received an email stating Verizon Fraud Prevention needed to speak with me to complete the order. I called on my lunch break and spent the entire hour on hold. When I got back into my office, I called again from my office line. I have been on hold for OVER 2 HOURS. I just want to get my phone ordered. I'm not sure why a phone that I am upgrading that is being mailed to my current address, and using a debit card with my name on it is triggering a fraud flag.

Help please!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why does VeWhy does Verizon Fraud Prevention need to speak with me to order my iPhone 6?rizon Fraud Prevention need to speak with me to order my iPhone 6?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cadams927 We definitely want to make sure your order is handled properly. We apologize for the fraud issue and we are sure this can be resolved in a timely manner. Due to the long hold for fraud, there is a form we need to fill out for you in customer service. Normally, we could reach out to you here but for a more immediate response. Please reach out to us on Facebook at Verizon Wireless support or Twitter at VZWSupport. If calling is an option, phone customer service can be reached at 800-922-0204. We apologize for any inconvenience.

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Why does VeWhy does Verizon Fraud Prevention need to speak with me to order my iPhone 6?rizon Fraud Prevention need to speak with me to order my iPhone 6?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cadams927 We definitely want to make sure your order is handled properly. We apologize for the fraud issue and we are sure this can be resolved in a timely manner. Due to the long hold for fraud, there is a form we need to fill out for you in customer service. Normally, we could reach out to you here but for a more immediate response. Please reach out to us on Facebook at Verizon Wireless support or Twitter at VZWSupport. If calling is an option, phone customer service can be reached at 800-922-0204. We apologize for any inconvenience.

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter

0 Likes